Questions To Ask When Booking/Inquiring About A Photo Booth
QUESTIONS TO ASK WHEN BOOKING/INQUIRING ABOUT A PHOTO BOOTH
As we all know, photo booths are now becoming a standard addition to special events. The one side effect of this surge in popularity is that there is a wider selection of services and price ranges for you to choose from, but with that, brings an increase in less reputable companies looking for a quick buck.
We recommend doing some research and compiling a list of questions to ask each vendor beforehand. Once you’ve completed that task, search up some photo booth companies within your city/town, check out their websites, and ask friends and families about their experience if they’ve rented a photo booth before. Next, make a list of the companies that have caught your attention and start contacting them through email or phone.
Straight off the bat, you’ll be able to tell if they are a good company or not through:
- Their level of responsiveness. How long did it take for them to get back to you?
- The amount of detail they put in telling you their quotes. Is it just a price for a set period of time (3 or 4 hours) and does it tell you what’s included and what’s not?
These things, while simple, may give you an early indication of the level and quality of customer service/professionalism you can expect. Once they’ve responded, you should ask them the questions you’ve come up with. We’ve helped compile some questions you should ask below:
- Is my date still available for booking? It’s a given that this one should be one of the first questions you ask, there’s no point in continuing if they’re not available.
- What are your prices and what is included? Each company will have their own pricing table/quotes and different products/services that are included in the price. The higher the price, the more things are included, so make sure to compare their packages and see what the difference between each one is.
- Do you have a contract for me to sign? Never settle for a verbal agreement and make sure you have something in writing.
- Do the photos print instantly? If the photo booth can print the photo in seconds, you just know you are getting the good stuff!
- Is the booth handicap-accessible? Just so that ALL of your guests can join in on the photo booth frenzy.
- What type/style of photo booth do you have? Is it an “open air booth”, draped or homemade booth? Neither one is better than the other and the selection will be based on your preference.
- How many people can fit in the booth? Some booths, especially the enclosed ones can only fit 2 to 4 people which limits the amount of people taking pictures in a session and we all know, the more the merrier.
- What type of payments do you accept? A professional photo booth company will ALWAYS provide you with an invoice whether you ask for it or not.
- How much is the deposit to book an event and when do I need to pay the full amount? Many companies collect a deposit to secure the date for you and the amount they require will vary.
- Do you customise the design of the prints? Make sure to ask this question if a themed event is important to you.
- What is your load in/load out process? For an event to run smoothly, it would be best to figure out when the company plans to arrive and set up for the event and what it would look like when they wrap up.
- Is there a place where I can view all the photos from the event? Most photo booth companies will send a link to your gallery so you can send them to your friends and families to download, if not will they send the photos to you privately or give you a USB of all the photos?
It is always best to call the vendor you are interested in to ask these questions. That way you can hear if they are confident or professional enough. But of course not everyone will have the time to do that or emailing is a better means of communication for you then feel free to copy and paste the questions above and see how timely your vendors respond.
HAPPY PHOTO BOOTH HUNTING!